Thursday

About Me

It's traditional in blogging to introduce yourself, so here goes. I'm a thirty-something (OK, 36 if you must know) South African guy who's been playing tennis since the age of about 9. You'd think I'd be pretty good by now, but unfortunately that's not the case! I mean I could probably beat your grandma on a good day, but as much as I enjoy playing the game, I regularly seem to lose to "lesser" players.

One of the main reasons for that is that I like to hit the ball and try stuff out on the court, rather than just pushing it around and letting my opponent make all the mistakes. Sure, I know most games are won at my level by the guy who makes the least mistakes - that's why I lose a lot. Call me an idealist if you like, but I'd rather play an enjoyable game and lose than win by default.

The thing is, I don't get much time or opportunity to actually practise (like with a hitting partner or tennis ball machine), except when I'm playing a match. So when else are you gonna experiment with shots? And my philosophy is that I hope to get good enough before I die to start winning a bit! Is that so much to ask?

So anyhow, I thought I'd start this blog as a kind of journal of my progress, and with any luck maybe some of you superior players can chip in along the way and tell me where I'm going wrong. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment